Sage by Heston Blumenthal Coffee Machine Review
Sage by Heston Blumenthal is a range of premium, high quality appliances, designed by one of the top chefs in the world. Their coffee machines come with a hefty price tag, but are supremely professional, superbly designed, and create customisable, aromatic and delicious coffees. Designed for the true coffee lover, who enjoys learning about the science of coffee and creating drinks with style and attention to detail. If you are after quick, cheap and easy, these are not the machines for you, but if you are a true coffee afficianado you will be in heaven with these machines.
This is the crème de la crème of coffee machines, stylishly beautiful, and able to proceed from whole beans to a finished espresso in less than a minute! The integrated conical burr grinder with dose control provides the exact amount of coffee, and you have the choice of automatic or manual operation.
- There is a separate hot water stand for pre-heating cups or making a long black or Americano
- The steam wand allows you to hand texture the foam, and even create your own coffee art
- With so many options and settings available, this is not for the beginner wanting a quick and easy brew
- It takes some practice and experimentation to use
Delicious espressos or cappuccinos are a cinch with this Sage by Heston Blumenthal beauty. Featuring
- Comes with a variety of accessories including water filter, cleaning tablets, extra baskets and more
- Automatic cool down between brewing ensures your coffee beans don’t burn
- Of all the machines in this range, this has the slowest brew time, at 2 minutes 45 seconds
- Some Heston Blumenthal coffee machine reviews comment on the loud noise when in use
- No integrated coffee grinder
Designed for the user who enjoys complete control over every step of the espresso process. If you love the ritual and science behind coffee brewing, then this machine will be your best friend. Featuring a stainless-steel espresso boiler and separate steam boiler.
- Features a stylish backlit digital control panel.
- Lightweight when compared to similar machines.
- Has a fully adjustable boiler temperature to suit different coffee beans.
- This machine does not feature a built-in grinder, so you will need to do this part of the process separately
- Not for beginners, you will need some coffee making know-how to get the best out of this appliance
Described by Sage as “the world’s first automatic manual coffee machine”, The Oracle still gives you control over the brewing
- Super-fast, able to go from beans to latte in under a minute
- The integrated grinder automatically gives you the correct amount
- Features a one touch button for an Americano
- Big footprint, so you’ll need a bit of extra bench space to fit this in
If you’re looking to really splash out and get a machine that a professional barista would be happy to use in their own home, this is the perfect range. Some machines are fully automatic, still giving you high-quality coffee but without the extra fuss, and some are fully
Product images sourced from Amazon.co.uk